• 1983- With the support and encouragement from Rotarian Amang Samson, the
president of the Rotary Club of University District of Manila and Past District
Governor Pepot Barredo, a new club was organized, the Rotary Club of Uptown
Manila, recognized by the Rotary International, the Charter of the Club Charter
officers, director and members led by Charter President Sani Vidallon at the
Hotel Mirador Manila.
• The Club started its rotary service when it adopted Barrio Palomar in Tondo as
target site for its community service thrust.
• 1988- Members of the club grew with various classifications: shoe
manufacturing, stock brokering, car repairing, insurance, retailing, management
consulting etc. The Club membership was opened to women
• The Club engaged in various projects such:
o Art Contest for Special Children
o Anti-Rabies Immunization Projects
o Poster Making Contest
o Support to Rotaract Clubs and Interact Clubs
• 1990 – The Club was honored when it was chosen by Past Rotary International
President Mat Capara and then District Governor Vince Carlos to lead club in
launching the “Rotary Village Corps (RVC) Christmas projects not only in
District 3810 but in the national level as well
• 1995 – Spearheaded the project “Smokey Mountain” Oplan: Bagong Buhay
• The Club entered sisterhood pact with Rotary Club of Hong Kong Bay View and
the Rotary Club of Sung Shan Taipei.
• 2000- Established linkage with the Rotary Club of Kaizuka Cosmos in Osaka,
Japan. It is considered a friendship club of the RC Uptown Manila
VARIOUS AWARDS AND CITATIONS
“Presidential Citation for Achieving a Well Balanced Program on all Four Avenues
of Rotary Service”
“Award for Excellence in Governor’s Thrust for Category I”
“Bronze Award for the Highest TRF Contribution per-capita”
“Meritorious Service Awards for Spearheading the Smokey Mountain Oplan: Bagong
“District Governor’s Special Recognition for Hosting Rotary International
Worldwide Poster Making Contest”
“District Governor’s Special Citation for Poverty and Hunger in RI District
AWARS RECEIVED DURING THE CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION (1989-1999)
o “Best Membership, Recruitment, Educational, Attraction-Retention Program”
o “Highest Membership Net Gain” (absolute member)
o “Best Fundraising Project”
o “Best in Attendance”
o “Best Dengue Prevention Project
o “Best in Matching Grants Program”
o “Outstanding Rotary Club Catergory 2”
o “Excellence in Community Service Governor’s Citation for Clean and Water
o “Excellence in Community Service Governor’s Citation in New RVC Program
• 2005-2006–President Danilo Maramba, the Club has again asserted its presence
when the District awarded it as the “The Most Outstanding Club (Category 2) and
with the “Most Outstanding President” award.
• 2006-2007-With the able leadership of young, innovative and dynamic Leader
President Jovito T. Barte, the club no doubt carried on its “Tradition of
Excellence” in Rotary Service.
• 2007-2008-The Club hosted for the first time the PETS event which was held in
Boracay Island. The club proved that “Learning and Fun Goes Hand in Hand”. This
was under the leadership of Sharing President Andy Trilles.
• The club’s 25th year, and for the first time had a Lady President, Rosario
“Sayong” Padilla. The club came with worthy projects that helped children made
their dreams real.