Standard Rotaract Club By-Laws
ARTICLE I — Name
By-Laws of the Rotaract Club of __________________________________________________.
ARTICLE I — Elections
1. Election for the offices of president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, and directors shall be held annually prior to 1 March. A Rotaract club year is the same as a Rotary club year. Those elected shall take office on 1 July.
2. Nominations of officers shall be made in writing. Candidates shall be voted upon at the regular meeting following the meeting at which nominations are made. Voting shall be by secret ballot. Those candidates receiving a majority of the votes of the members present and in good standing shall be elected.
3. In addition to president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer there shall be elected _____ directors.
ARTICLE II — Duties of Officers
1. President. The president shall preside at all regular and special meetings of the club and the board of directors. He shall, with the approval of the board, appoint all standing and special committees and, in the event of a vacancy in the board of directors, shall, with the approval of the board, fill such vacancy by appointment until the next regular election of the club. He shall be an ex officio member of all committees. He shall maintain communication with the sponsor club and the district Rotaract representative to ensure they are continually informed of all actions taken by the club.
2. Vice-President. The vice-president shall succeed to the office of president in the event or removal of the latter for whatever cause, and, in the absence of the president, shall preside at all meetings of the club and of the board.
3. Secretary. The secretary shall maintain all club records, He shall keep minutes of all the meetings of the club and board of directors, and provide copies of such to the chairman of the sponsor Rotary club’s Rotaract committee.
4. Treasurer. The treasurer shall have custody of all club funds, maintaining all necessary records and depositing all such funds in a bank approved by the board of directors. He shall report on the club’s financial status at each meeting of the club and shall hold all records available for inspection by any club member. All disbursements shall be by check and with the signature of two authorized officers.
ARTICLE III — Meetings
1. Meetings of the club shall be not less than twice a month, and meetings of the board not less than once a month, at a time and place suited to the convenience of the membership.
2. A majority of the members in good standing shall constitute a quorum at any regular or special meeting of the club. Any four members of the board, one of whom must be the president or vice-president, shall constitute a quorum at any meeting of the board.
ARTICLE IV — Fees and Dues
1. The admission for the new members shall be __________. Annual dues shall be __________ per member.
2. All fees and dues must be paid before a member will be considered in good standing.
ARTICLE V — Committees
The president, with the approval of the board of directors, shall appoint the following standing committees:
1. Club service. This committee shall be responsible for attendance, membership, programs, fellowship, public relations, and such other matters as may be deemed appropriate.
2. International service. This committee shall be charged with primary responsibility for enhancing knowledge and understanding of worldwide needs, problems, and opportunities and developing activities to give service for promoting international understanding and goodwill toward all people.
3. Community service. This committee shall have responsibility for enhancing knowledge and understanding of community needs, problems and opportunities, and for formulating and developing appropriate activities for serving the community (including the university community).
4. Professional development. This committee shall be responsible for developing a program designed to provide information about a wide cross-section of businesses and professions and to stimulate awareness and acceptance of high ethical standards in business and professional life.
5. Finance. This committee shall devise ways and means of financing any and all club activities requiring funds, in cooperation with the appropriate committee.
The international service and community service committees shall each have the duty of initiating and planning one major activity in its field each year which shall involve all or most of the club membership.
ARTICLE VI — Amendments
1. These by-laws may be amended by majority vote of the members in good standing at any regular or special meeting of the club at which a quorum is present, provided notice of intention to call such a vote is given at least fourteen days earlier at a meeting of the club at which a quorum is present, and provided such amendment is approved by the sponsoring Rotary club.
2. Nothing in these by-laws shall contravene any provision of this club’s constitution.