14th District Rotaract Solo Singing Contest
I - OBJECTIVES:
II - MEDIUM:
Tagalog or English popular songs or Original Pilipino Music backed up by minus one tape. (THE USE OF MULTIPLEX TAPES ARE NOT ALLOWED).
III - NUMBER AND LENGTH:
IV - PARTICIPATION:
V - PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY:
A Rotaract Club can only field one (1) participant.
a. He/she must be:
i. A member of good standing in the Rotaract Club he /she is representing in the contest for at least 6 months prior to the date of the contest finals.
ii. 18 to 30 years old on the date of the finals.
iii. In the roll of active Rotaractors of the club and of good moral character.
b. He/she must NOT be a professional singer.
c. His/her eligibility must be duly certified by the President of the sponsoring Rotary Club. Sponsoring Rotary Club Certification and participation fee of P1,000.00 must be submitted to the DROSSCON Committee not later than September 19, 2009.
d. Any question or objections to the contestant’s eligibility must be submitted in writing to the DROSSCON Committee not later than one week after the final.
VI - CONTEST SCHEDULE:
VII - CRITERIA FOR JUDGING IN ALL CONTEST LEVELS:
1. Stage presence and projection 10 points 15 points
2. Interpretation 25 points 35 points
3. Quality of voice and diction 20 points 25 points
4. Timing 20 points 25 points
NOTE: Minimum and maximum scores: Any contestant who gets a score below seventy five (75) shall automatically be given a score of seventy five (75).
1. The decision of the judges is final and incontestable.
2. The identity of the judges should be known to the participants until the day of the contest when they shall be introduced during the program.
3. There shall be three judges, each having their own score sheet.
4. Tabulation of the judges’ score in the finals shall be handled by the DROSSCON official canvassers.
5. Each contestant shall be scored accordingly.
6. In case of tie, the three judges shall break it by simply asking to choose between or among the contestants who tied their scores. Their choice is indicated by placing their initials opposite the name of their choice. The final result shall be submitted by the canvasser to the chairman of the board of judges who shall take charge of announcing the winners.
7. The contestant obtaining the highest overall scores shall be declared the grand prize winner; second highest, the second prize winner; and the third highest, the third prize winner.
VIII - PRIZES:
A. Grand Prize - P6,000.00 + Trophy
Second Prize - P4,000.00 + Trophy
Third Prize - P3,000.00 + Trophy
B. Four (4) Consolation Prizes - P500.00 + Certificate
(All contestants shall be given Certificates of Participation).
IX - CAUTION:
a. Song entry must not be hymns, religious and church songs or the like nor should it be rap songs. Neither should it contain slanderous, derogatory or vulgar words against any person (living or dead) and/or institution.
b. Attire: Semi-formal or Sunday dress.
c. The DROSSCON Organizing Committee reserves the right to exclude any contestant that fails to observe this, even if such contestant has been declared winner in any previous contest level.
X - SECRETARIAT:
All entry forms/payments/inquiries about the contest may be directed to the
Rotary Club of Bagumbayan-Manila Secretariat’s Office
#458 Pureza Street, Sta. Mesa, Manila
Telephone Number: 474-3055 or 716-4801
Fax Number: 714-4572
Look for: Michelle, Zyna or Andrew