LCP Nick Lim
The annual DROSSCON “District Rotaract Solo Singing Contest” event for the year 2021 is an exemption embracing modern technology by presenting the singing contest virtually for the first time. Once again the challenge was for Rotary Club of Bagumbayan-Manila (RCBM) to pull this off in hosting the Rotary 25th District Rotaract Solo Singing Contest as it did before for so many years. The successful virtual event last September 11 was headed by LCP Nick Lim together with the Chairmanship of RTN Johnson Tan. Traditionally, DROSSCON has always been hosted by RCBM since it was launched.
The different Rotaract Clubs of District 3810 are well represented by their talented participants. The participants are 18 years old and above sponsored by the different Rotaract Club of District 3810.
- Joseph Peter Arguelles
- Jeric Emil Casamis
- Mark John Mediavillo
- Thelma Carumba
- Rigil Kent Zamora
- Arzolo Joel Bengan
- Mae Julliene Perez
- Anne Mariel Salazar
- Basserly De Leon
- Aliyah Simoune Bondad
The prizes were sponsored by the LCP Nick Lim, RCBM Troopers together with DDCC Boy Kaw, who altogether generated the following:
- Grand Prize PHP 8,000.00 + trophy
- Second Prize PHP 5,000.00 + trophy
- Third Prize PHP 3,000.00 + trophy
- Seven (7) Consolation Prizes PHP 1,000.00 each
The judges are experts from the fields of the music industry in the performing arts as directors, vocal coaches and heads of different organizations.
- Mr. Christopher Francis Cruz
- Founder and Managing Director of VOCAL PRO and STUDIOWORXX Production Entertainment
- Former Managing Director and Founder of Artist League Manila
- Former Area Manager, Talent Management Head, and Head Coach of Center for Pop Music Philippines
- Concert Director and Trainer of Vocal Coaches
- Ms. Joann Peralta Revalo
- Online Voice and Virtual Stage Performance Coach and Advisor
- Founder of R Music Avenue of Stars
- Manages and Directs Stage Events and Shows
- Former Head Coach of C4P Manila
- Ms. Dudee A. Alfonso
- Member of the Philippine Blues Society
- Member of Smooth Jazz Society of Manila
- Event Organizer and Band Booking Agent
We were privileged to have worked with the finest personality in the music industry. Tokens were sent to our judges to show our appreciation as sponsored by the District 3810 Governor Robert Koa.
The participants were judged based on the new criteria on Voice Quality, Pitch, Vocal Expression and Overall Virtual Stage Presence and Interpretation from their choice of music. In the end the judges declared the following as winners:
- 25th DROSSCON Champion
Anne Mariel Salazar
Sponsored by the Rotaract Club of Manila Robinson
- 25th DROSSCON Second Runner-up
Sponsored by Rotaract Club of Dasmariñas Cavite
- 25th DROSSCON 1st Runner-up
Mae Julliene M. Perez
Sponsored by Rotaract Club of Manila Maharlika.
The other seven (7) participants received consolation prizes. We are proud with the turnout and participation of the Rotaract Clubs as we are able to showcase the talents of Rotaractors to hone their talent in singing and to build confidence and promote camaraderie among their peers and to the community.
We have successfully culminated in the first ever DROSSCON virtually. Despite the challenges of the still prevalent pandemic COVID-19, we are able to launch it successfully. Congratulations to our Club Host Rotary Club of Bagumbayan-Manila headed by LCP Nick Lim with the full support of the Rotary District Governor Robert Koa together with the Execom of District 3810. We look forward to another successful DROSSCON next year with the new normal. Again congratulations to all the winners and mabuhay to the Rotaract Clubs of Rotary District 3810!